Foods That Activate and Decalcify Your Pineal Gland.
What is the Pineal Gland?
The Pineal Gland is one of the most mysterious organs in the human body. It's shaped like a small pine cone and located in the center of the brain. It's associated with the production of melatonin which helps to regulate sleep and is also thought to play a role in the onset of puberty. In addition, it has metaphysical power – opening awareness and acting as a gateway to higher levels of consciousness. It's a truly incredible organ.
Research into rat's brains has shown the presence of DMT within the Pineal Gland. DMT - Dimethyltryptamine - is known as 'The Spirit Molecule' and can be taken as an illegal drug, producing spiritual hallucinations. Many believe DMT is also present in human Pineal Glands and some speculate that it's released when we're born and when we die.
The Pineal Gland in humans has been shown to calcify in as many as 50-70 percent of adults, but rarely in children below the age of 12. Calcification causes a hard shell to form around the gland which can block its functions. Because the blood-brain barrier is very weak in the Pineal Gland, fluoride accumulates to different degrees there, adding to the problem. This leads to a Pineal Gland which is not functioning naturally, disrupting sleep cycles.
Descartes described the Pineal Gland as 'The Seat of the Soul' and its position physically at eye-level within the center of the brain corresponds this small structure to the Metaphysical Third Eye. The Third Eye or 'Ajna' is one of the Chakras described in Hinduism. The Ancient Egyptians were also knowledgeable about the Pineal Gland and it is represented by the Eye of Horus symbol, which closely corresponds to the shape of the gland. It is believed to be responsible for our connection to divine sight and higher conscious connectivity to God and the Universe. A calcified Pineal Gland interrupts this connectivity, causing metaphysical blocks in the Third Eye area.
Why Should We Decalcify and Activate Our Pineal Gland?
The exact job of the Pineal Gland is debatable, however, studies have shown that calcification can impact melatonin production and disrupt the sleep-wake-sleep cycle. In addition to physical symptoms, other energies may be affected and controlled by the health and activation status of the Pineal Gland.
The Pineal Gland is believed to act as a gateway to higher levels of consciousness by many metaphysical practitioners. Access to parts of our consciousness which are not normally available such as senses which extend beyond our first five, and the ability to perceive information across subtle energetic levels are all thought to be related to the Pineal Gland and its activation.
Calcification of the Pineal Gland is known to be worsened by the addition of synthetic fluoride to the water in areas such as the USA and UK, as well as modern chemicals and toxins in processed food. Fluoride supplementation has even been found to have a negative impact on the IQs of children who live in highly fluoridated areas.
Combating the potential calcification of the Pineal Gland, as well as opening it to the more subtle energies which it may have the ability to respond to, can be helped by eating decalcifying foods alongside meditation practices.
Meditation to soften and visualize the activation of the Pineal Gland can help to reconnect us to this mysterious organ, but in addition, certain foods help to decalcify and activate it.
1. Oregano Oil: Oregano oil helps to fortify the endocrine, or hormone system which the Pineal Gland is a part of. It's also a natural way to help cleanse and restore harmony to the body by supporting the immune system.
2. Iodine: Because many people cut out salt from their diets they don't get its beneficial action of helping to remove synthetic fluoride from the body via the urine. Eating foods rich in natural iodine such as seaweed can help combat this effect. In addition, it’s important not to starve the body of healthy calcium, and to stock up on natural calcium by eating foods such as flaxseed, sesame seed, kale, broccoli, and almonds.
3. Raw Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar can help the body to detoxify and combat the effects of calcification. It contains malic acid which is thought to help soften calcification.
4. Foods high in Boron. Boric acid is known to directly combat the effects of fluoride in the body. Boron can be found naturally occurring in foods such as avocados, almonds, dates, prunes and raisins.
5. Alkaline-Forming foods. Foods which are alkaline-forming, rather than acid-forming can help to decalcify the Pineal Gland because they allow the body to absorb nutrients without using up energy to combat blood imbalances caused by too much acid.
Foods which are Alkaline-Forming include celery, chives, cucumber, dandelions, garlic, kale, kelp, leeks, lettuce, mushrooms, okra, olives, onions, parsnip, peppers, pumpkin, radish, rhubarb, spinach, sweet potatoes, swiss chard, turnip, watercress, wheatgrass, yams, and zucchini.
Ensuring the water you drink is either filtered tap water or bottled mineral water is also vital to help stop the process of calcification in the Pineal Gland. Switching to a non-fluoride toothpaste is also useful.
Choosing organic food and supplements which support the endocrine system and combining this with metaphysical awareness through regular meditation practice is the best way forward when activating and decalcifying the Pineal Gland. As with many areas, the unification of the "mind-body" and a holistic approach will lead to greater positive change and insight.